Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

So to all the mothers out there, a very happy, HAPPY Mother's Day! :)

Here's what I made for my mom:
A scrapbook page to add a photo from tomorrow onto. Made with paper from the new Wild Asparagus line, May Arts sheer blue and purple ribbon, staples, and cardstock.




AND, I made her a card using the same line and embellishments from scraps.




Also, on my way home from David's [we battled the storm], I spotted Tommy ["our" tomcat] on the walkway sniffing at something. He kept poking his head into the weeds and then jumping back. He looked so adorable and at first glance I just assumed it was a bug. Then the something MOVED and I thought it was a snake and got scared thinking he was going to get bit. I hurriedly gathered my things and opened the door. Tommy started to run up to me and then proudly walked to where the "THING" was and kept going. As I stared down at the tail of a slimey critter, I look hard and realize just what it is. THANKFULLY Tommy left it entact and unharmed. I ran upstairs to get Justin and told my mom to come too. Here's what I found.


Awwww....I can't tell you the last time I spotted a salamander. They're so cute! :)
This made my night. Thanks Tom Tom!
♥*

4 comments:

You can call me Lucky. said...

Super cute!!!!

Megan Rublaitus said...

Lol....which part?! :)
♥*

You can call me Lucky. said...

haha, well, all of it? I really love the cards and layout. They are so pretty and good color combo!Oh. . . AND the salamander thing is so slimy and cute! I used to catch things like that when I was a kid. I always caught these huge frogs and would play with them! lol.

Megan Rublaitus said...

ME TOO!!! I'm such a tomboy at heart. Lol...

Yeah, I knew she liked that line, so once I saw it and worked some magic, I ended up with those. :)
Thank you!

♥*