Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Damien Hirst

It's been a little while since I've updated, so I figure, since I'm up early and have over an hour before I head off to school, why not?

First, before I get started, the title. Damien Hirst is a British artist that was kinda featured on the Today Show [VERY briefly]. He's brilliant! If you can't stand images of dead animals, you shouldn't Google, however, if you want to see some interesting pieces, please do. My ONLY retort on his work [other than I'm a huge animal fan and hope he didn't have these animals killed for art or buy from people who killed for sport--look up his diamond encrusted skull, there's questioning up in the air about blood diamonds and I believe that the proceeds from his sale should go to a charity focused on the blood diamond, the blood diamond charity fund perhaps?].

Okay....

David's birthday was Friday. I brought him breakfast and we went out and bought him some sunglasses [SUPER CUTE!] and a Route 44 for each of us. Then we went to dinner at J. Alexander's, before both going back to my house to sleep. Saturday, my family, David, Tiffany, and I went to Hernando for the MS Bike-A-Thon. It wasn't too bad, though I got a sunburn. :(
Sunday was cancelled due to Ike. David ended up going home early and I went home without him. :(

NOT TO FORGET TO MENTION: Michelle's birthday was Wednesday! HOORAY!!! [Cheesy HAPPY BIRTHDAY shoutout] ;)

I'm going to have to get ready, but there's A LOT more on my mind.

One of which is to update my Etsy. I just need my life put on hold. :(
♥*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Megan!
Sorry it's been a while... I've been in lurker mode lately but promised myself I'd start letting people know I LOVE reading their blogs!

I've never heard of Damian Hirst and will not google him as quite frankly I am scared haha.

What's route 44? I went to the states once and there was a store I think with that name? or was it just Route? lol I'm a clueless Canadian...

Anyways, hope you are well, let us know when you update your shop :)

Megan Rublaitus said...

Hey! Haha...I understand. I have frequent lurker modes and thank you for the love. :)

His work is actually pretty cool. Nothing really scary.

Route 44 is actually a very large drink they serve at the carhop "restaurant", Sonic. I can't get enough.

One of these days, I'll get some time and not be super tired and lazy, and I'll create more goodies for the shop. Right now, I'm kinda hoping that my other items sell first. =/

Hope you're having a lovely day! :0
♥*